Search this site
Read Jack’s Novel!
Jack, Kay and James in 2014
- Some Things to Ponder During the Great Gun Debate
- 15 Tough Questions About the Heinous Acts of Young People
- Why I’ve Stopped Watching Football
- The Allure of Compromise and Its Failure To Keep Its Promises
- Lousy “Christian” Logic on Why Voting for Evil is Good
- The Leaf Cloud Theory (of Trees)
- Why Does the Bible Warn So Much Against Being Deceived?
- Choosing Between Church And God
- Borrowing from Due Diligence
- An Epiphany About Liberty
- To Critics of Home Schooling
- Facebook! Facebook!
My Other Sites
Category Archives: Ambitions
Looking back on 2014, it seems I’ve done nine things in particular that are proving to have been good strategic moves for life. Here they are, in no particular order. 1. Throwing the football (and Frisbee) with my son, James. … Continue reading
In a gratuitous attempt at positive thinking, I thought it would be useful (to me) to document a few of my 2013 activities that turned out to be good ones. So, without further adieu, here is a list, in no … Continue reading
I live my life under the constant frustration that things of fundamental and preeminent importance must so frequently take a back seat to the practical business of being a worker/consumer cog in the prevailing economic machine. And the machine does … Continue reading
“Eureka! I’ve got it!” “Ah, so that’s the answer!” “Holy Cow! We’ve been wrong all along!” “OK, I think I’ve finally got it figured out.” These kinds of moments are fairly common in my house. Between Kay’s studies and my … Continue reading
I have ideas. Lots and lots of ideas. And I’m getting better at it all the time. I used to think that having ideas was something of a gift, but now I realize that an idea is practically worthless if … Continue reading