Search this site
Read Jack’s Novel!
See Jack’s Video Podcast
Jack, Kay and James in 2014
- Death, Grief, and Disappointment
- Why Abortion Rights Are Likely to Keep Increasing, Despite the Wishes of So Many
- On “Identifying” with Our Ancestors
- The Tyranny of the Offended
- Some Things to Ponder During the Great Gun Debate
- 15 Tough Questions About the Heinous Acts of Young People
- Why I’ve Stopped Watching Football
- The Allure of Compromise and Its Failure To Keep Its Promises
- Lousy “Christian” Logic on Why Voting for Evil is Good
- The Leaf Cloud Theory (of Trees)
- Why Does the Bible Warn So Much Against Being Deceived?
- Choosing Between Church And God
My Other Sites
Category Archives: Poetry
Facebook! Facebook! Every day! ‘Tis here we while our lives away. Posting, liking, sharing—we Our vanishing humanity. Posting memes, and sharing, too, There’s always something more to do. It’s oh such fun! And wait, there’s more; Now potty time is … Continue reading
Go ahead Turn the page Dance the dance Rage the rage Speak the speech Seize the day Spell it out Lead the way Dare the sky Dare the sea Dare the you Dare the me Cry the cry Sing the … Continue reading
Where is my teacher? I am sick with worries And I need to Sit at his feet until All my worries are Under his care– Until I am myself again. I need my teacher. ————————— Note: I was in … Continue reading
There is a certain art To saying But one thing In a poem.
Yesterday and I broke up. I do not care to see her again. I loved her for years but she Never loved me back. She is not the one for me. Now I am seeing Today– Learning her smile, Memorizing … Continue reading
I believe in Spring!
Nostalgia Makes promises He cannot keep. He is a liar And I don’t Like him Anymore. ———————- Note: Boy, could I write a book about this one?! Having spent the early part of my life looking more often backward … Continue reading
Humility Fits me funny— Like a suit I would not have Picked out for myself. But I trust my tailor. ———————————— Note: I have certainly progressed over the years since I penned this thought. I do not find it … Continue reading
There is a difference between Hopelessness and Despair.