Search this site
Read Jack’s Novel!
See Jack’s Video Podcast
Jack, Kay and James in 2014
- Death, Grief, and Disappointment
- Why Abortion Rights Are Likely to Keep Increasing, Despite the Wishes of So Many
- On “Identifying” with Our Ancestors
- The Tyranny of the Offended
- Some Things to Ponder During the Great Gun Debate
- 15 Tough Questions About the Heinous Acts of Young People
- Why I’ve Stopped Watching Football
- The Allure of Compromise and Its Failure To Keep Its Promises
- Lousy “Christian” Logic on Why Voting for Evil is Good
- The Leaf Cloud Theory (of Trees)
- Why Does the Bible Warn So Much Against Being Deceived?
- Choosing Between Church And God
My Other Sites
Category Archives: Humor
I want to share what my dear wife, Kay, posted on Facebook this morning, and my further response to it (the sharing here of which is her idea—ostensibly in the interests of posterity.) Here’s her post: Considering “identity”. With which … Continue reading
What follows is a brief description of my Leaf Cloud Theory of Trees. Perhaps through some sinister government conspiracy, or perhaps only through commonplace institutional dullness, schools in America have taught students for many generations that trees come about through … Continue reading
Here’s one of the best Shakespeare quotations ever! And my, how it applies to our modern hearsay/Facebook culture! “Merrily posteth the Fool, yet vetteth not, that which he wast but told I had said.” Shakespeare ~ Twelfth Night, Act II, … Continue reading
Ralph: You know, they say that Brother Billy is really popular. He has preached over a thousand funerals in this county! Dale: That guy’s not really that popular; I think his reputation comes mostly from poor communication.
NEVADA DESERT, 9 June 2013 –Leaving his exhausted family in the safety of the broken-down car, former Navy SEAL Brian Schad humps it across the desert at sundown, certain that he can be back with a warm McDonald’s breakfast for everyone … Continue reading
As I aspire to be a deep and rational tinker, willing to call into question even the most deeply entrenched tenets of common human wisdom, I find that my thoughts are not always limited to the more traditional topics of … Continue reading
I observe that a properly-folded fitted should should approximate the shape of a basketball.
Note: These three are ready favorites of mine. I heard them years ago from various sources. Snail Joke #1 Once upon a time, a snail decided to go for a ride on the back of a turtle. Do you know … Continue reading
NOTE: I heard this story years ago and thought it was hilarious, even though I don’t drink beer. The CEOs of all the major beer companies were at dinner one night at their annual Beer Makers’ Convention. The waiter comes … Continue reading