Read Jack’s Novel!
Jack, Kay and James in 2014
Search this site
Get Email Notifications of New Posts
- Why I’ve Stopped Watching Football
- The Allure of Compromise and Its Failure To Keep Its Promises
- Lousy “Christian” Logic on Why Voting for Evil is Good
- The Leaf Cloud Theory (of Trees)
- Why Does the Bible Warn So Much Against Being Deceived?
- Choosing Between Church And God
- Borrowing from Due Diligence
- An Epiphany About Liberty
- To Critics of Home Schooling
- Facebook! Facebook!
- This Week in Baltimore: A Showcase of Cognitive Biases
- Pelham’s Rule of Screaming
My Other Sites
Category Archives: Parenting
Facebook! Facebook! Every day! ‘Tis here we while our lives away. Posting, liking, sharing—we Our vanishing humanity. Posting memes, and sharing, too, There’s always something more to do. It’s oh such fun! And wait, there’s more; Now potty time is … Continue reading
Screaming is for emergencies. It is for situations such as those in which the dad needs to bring the gun, or for which the fire department needs to be called. It is not for play any more than dialing 9-1-1 … Continue reading
In the middle of a remodeling project today, I (accidentally) broke a water line, creating a gusher flowing from the wall of the bathroom underneath the sink. Naturally, this provided fun for the whole family as we engineered a way … Continue reading
What’s a “drive-by assertion”? It’s my name for an assertion that one makes and thereafter dodges rational debate on the matter. Here are a few varied scenarios that I believe to be typical of what’s going on in our cavalier … Continue reading